The Museum relies on volunteers! We need help in the following areas:
- Board members - the Board is responsible for setting the policy and long term goals of the Museum. Please consider helping in one of the ways listed below to get a good sense of how the Museum operates.
- Office support - Occasional assistance with mailings and other important work. Often can be done at home.
- Greeters - have an afternoon to spare? Come over and help by greeting people as they enter the Museum. Visitors like to talk with locals who can recommend restaurants, activities, lodges, and who can share a story or two of Stowe skiing (past and present!).
- Exhibit research - help the Curator by using Museum materials - archives and library - to do research for upcoming exhibits or on objects in the collection.
- Collections care - volunteer to work with cataloging and preserving the collection. The type of projects vary widely and can be tailored to your interests.
- Museum events - thinking of coming to a Museum event? Perhaps you could come down 45 minutes early and help set up chairs, take tickets, and welcome guests.
- Special events - come to one of the off-site events and support the Museum as a participant or by helping with registration, set up and clean up. Check the calendar for ideas!
Thank you volunteers! Click here to see recipients of the Volunteer of the Year Award and Board Appreciation Award.
It is easy to help, and the small staff appreciates any time you can give and your company. Send an email to Meredith Scott
or call 802.253.9911 x 202 with your area of interest and get started!
Thank you for collecting, preserving and celebrating Vermont’s skiing and snowboarding history!